The guidelines below detail the data protection policy of Céline with regard to personal data provided on its website (www.celine.com).
Céline respects your concerns regarding the confidentiality of personal information and data provided by you. By providing your personal information and data, you consent to the use, analysis and, where applicable, disclosure of such information by us for purposes associated in particular with your requests for our newsletters and customer service messages. Consequently, we encourage you to read this policy carefully. This Data Protection policy applies to all personal data provided by you on our website.
1. General information
Céline may collect personal data via its website from users subscribing to our newsletter or contacting our customer service (contact section).
2. Right to access, correct and delete data and to object to data processing
You are entitled to access, correct and delete personal data which relates to you, and to object to the processing of such data. You may exercise this right at any time by writing to the following address:
CÉLINE, Customer Service, 23-25 rue du Pont-Neuf, 75001 Paris, France
Or send an e-mail to: email@example.com
3. Management of personal data by the company
3.1 Purpose of data collection
The company collects your personal data via its website for the following purposes only:
- managing subscriptions to our newsletter (subscribe/unsubscribe procedures),
- sending information about the company and its activities as well as, subject to your consent, publicity or marketing information,
- handling your requests sent to the Customer Service.
Mandatory information (principally first name, last name, address and email) must be entered in the information fields marked with an asterisk in data collection forms. If these fields are not completed, we are unable to provide the services outlined above.
3.2 Retention of data
Data is retained for a period appropriate to the purposes for which it was collected:
- Data collected for the purpose of managing subscriptions to our newsletter is retained for as long as your subscription remains active. We undertake to delete all data within a period of three months following cancellation of your subscription.
- Data collected in relation to customer service requests is retained only for the period of time required to provide you with proper answers.
3.3 Data recipients
Céline is the recipient of the data.
Céline will only send your personal data to a third party if:
- You have given us your prior approval to share such information,
- Céline has to share such information with third parties in order to provide the service you have requested,
- Céline is required by a judicial authority or any other administrative authority to provide it with such information.
3.4 Data security and privacy
Céline has made every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and privacy of personal data, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
The technical and organizational security measures implemented, in particular with regard to information systems, are compliant with the state of the art.
However, the company does not control each and every risk related to the use of the Internet, and therefore warns visitors of the potential risks involved in the functioning and use of the Internet.
When you visit our company website, a cookie may be automatically installed and temporarily saved in your computer’s memory or on its hard disk in order to make it easier for you to navigate around our site. Cookies do not enable us to identify you, but are used to record information about the pages you have viewed on our website, the date and time of your visit to the site, etc. We are able to read this information during your subsequent visits.
You can disable cookies in your web browser. However, this will disable all cookies used by your browser, including those from other websites, which may cause certain settings or information to be altered or lost. Disabling cookies may change your browsing experience on our website, or may make navigating around the site more difficult.
You can disable cookies in your web browser as follows:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and above:
1. Go to "Tools", then "Internet Options".
2. Click on the "Privacy" tab.
3. Use the cursor to select the level you require.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5:
1. Go to "Tools", then "Internet Options".
2. Click on the "Security" tab.
3. Select "Internet", then click on "Custom Level".
4. Under "cookies", select the option you want.
Netscape 6.x and 7.x:
1. Click the "Edit" menu, then "Preferences".
2. Privacy and security.
1. Go to "Tools", then "Options".
2. Click on the "Privacy" setting.
Safari 3.x for Mac OS X:
1. Click the "Edit" menu.
2. Click the "Preferences" option.
3. Click the "Security" option.
4. Click "Display cookies".
5. Changes to Data Protection Policy
Céline may make changes to its Data Protection Policy. We will ensure that you are informed of such changes, either via a special message on our website, or via a customized notice, for example when we send out newsletters.