Privacy and Data Protection Policy
ARTICLE 1: General Information
You can print a full copy of our Privacy and Data Protection Policy from your browser by pressing CTRL+P in Windows and Linux or ⌘+P from a Mac.
ARTICLE 2: Purposes for which your data is gathered on the Website
Your Personal Data is gathered:
- Subject to you consent for the following purposes:
- To send you information via email, SMS, telephone, chat and social media about our offers, news, events (newsletters, invitations and other publications) and marketing communications on our products and services;
- To obtain statistical data.
- For the performance of the contract to which the data subject is party or to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, for the following purposes:
- To manage any orders placed on-line and their delivery as well as the applicable guarantees;
- To answer any questions you may send using the “Contact Us” form;
- To manage and optimise our customer relationship.
- For the purpose of the legitimate interest pursued by CÉLINE:
- To ensure that on-line purchases are kept safe, to identify fraud and payment incidents.
- To comply with the statutory provisions and regulations and enforcing its own rights before the Courts.
The Personal Data indispensable to CÉLINE in order to achieve the goals described above is indicated on different pages of the Website. If you do not complete the required fields, CÉLINE will be unable to respond to your requests and/or provide you with the products and services requested. All other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and to improve the communications and services we supply to you.
ARTICLE 3: Data gathered via the Website
The Personal Data which we are primarily likely to gather and process in relation to you to create an account is as follows (all together referred to as "Personal Data"):
- data relating to your identity, particularly your title, surname, first name, your e-mail address to allow CÉLINE to contact you
When you order, we collect and process the following data about you:
- your postal address or the postal address of the recipient to ensure delivery;
- phone number to ensure efficient delivery;
- your nationality to allow CÉLINE to adapt offers accordingly and to better satisfy you;
- your data relating to your means of payment, particularly the number and expiry date of your credit card.
In the case of an order as a guest, you must provide the same information indicated with the exception of your nationality.
- Data relating to the monitoring of our commercial relationship, particularly your order number, details of any previous purchases, your requests or any correspondence between you and our Customer Service Department;
- Your preferences and interests;
Required information that must be provided will be indicated by an asterisk during the collection process.
If applicable, you must provide CÉLINE with details of any updates or modifications to the information relating to you, including particularly any related to your postal address and/or email address, in order for us to ensure that we are dispatching your orders to the right address and to contact you if necessary. CÉLINE may also retain for archiving purposes copies of all communication with you and any response linked to your questions and comments sent via our Customer Service Department.
ARTICLE 4: Recipients of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data is processed by CÉLINE. CÉLINE may share your Personal Data to the following categories of recipients located within the European Union or outside of the European Union in compliance and within the limits of the provisions of article 5 below:
- any potential CÉLINE subcontractors, for reasons relating to technical and logistical matters only (such as carriers, service providers for the hosting and maintenance of the Website, payment and fraud management service providers, etc.);
- third parties involved in any reorganisation of CÉLINE, including a total or partial asset sale, merger, absorption, acquisition, division and, more generally, any restructuring transaction;
- competent authorities when required to do so by law, a regulatory provision or a court order, or if necessary to ensure the protection and defence of the company's rights.
The complete list of data processors is available on written request to be sent at the email address email@example.com.
ARTICLE 5: Transfer of data abroad
The recipients of your Personal Data may be located abroad, including outside the European Economic Area, in particular in:
United Arabic Emirates
The previous list will be updated when necessary.
Any transfer of your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area is carried out subject to the provision of the appropriate guarantees, particularly Standard Contractual Clauses, in accordance with the applicable data protection regulation.
A copy of the guarantees enforced by CÉLINE can be obtained upon request from CÉLINE.
ARTICLE 6: Storage period
CÉLINE undertakes to use the Personal Data for the period of time necessary for the achievement of the purposes described above only.
The Personal Data relating to you, gathered and processed in the context of the "Contact Us" page, is stored for the period required to deal with your query only. It is then deleted.
The data relating to your orders is in principle stored by CÉLINE for no longer than the applicable legal period of limitation. This data will however remain available from your customer account for so long as this remains active. Immediately following the closure of your client account, this data (i) will be archived for accounting purposes and as evidence for as long as is permitted by the aforementioned periods of limitation or (ii) will be destroyed if such deadlines have expired.
Your bank details will be stored securely for the length of time required to validate your order and for payment, and will then be immediately deleted. In the event of a payment incident, your data will be stored for the period required to resolve the incident, and then for a period of between three (3) and five (5) years depending on the level of seriousness of the incident.
Your customer identification data used by CÉLINE, with your consent to send marketing communications, will be stored for a period of three (3) years starting from their date of collection or from the last order you placed (for example, a request for documentation or a click on a hypertext link contained in an email; however, the opening of an email shall not be considered as customer-initiated contact).
Your customer account on the Website will remain active for three (3) years from its creation as you may decide on its closure or for so long as you continue to make purchases via our Website. Your account will be deactivated if inactive for more than three (3) years.
At the end of this period of three (3) years, CÉLINE may again contact you in question in order to discover if you want to keep your customer account on the Website. Your data will moreover be destroyed within a maximum of two business days following receipt of an unsubscribe request from you.
You have under all circumstances a right to close your account and/or unsubscribe from newsletters at any moment. To do so, please contact our Customer Service Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the unsubscribe link featured in each newsletter. To exercise this right, you may also complete the "Contact Us" form provided on our Website describing your request and please also see the relevant part of our Frequently Asked Questions page.
ARTICLE 7: Links
ARTICLE 8: Modalities of the processing and Security
Your Personal Data is processed with the support of IT and/or paper means and are protected by appropriate security devices suitable to ensure their secrecy and safety. In particular, CÉLINE adopts the appropriate administrative, technical, personal and physical measures to safeguard the Personal Data held against any loss, theft as well as unauthorised use, disclosure or change in the Personal Data.
CÉLINE’s IT systems benefit from state-of-the-art physical protection and firewall software. Procedures for the physical and electronic back-up of the data collected via the Website are implemented in accordance with French data protection legislation and with industry standards.
Any CÉLINE employees who, by the nature of their duties, may have access to your Personal Data is bound by strict confidentiality undertakings.
Any financial information provided by you via the Website is stored on the secured website of the financial institution selected by CÉLINE. Transactions completed via the Website are protected by SSL encryption.
Please be aware, however, that no data transferred via the Internet can be 100% secure and that all information disclosed on-line can potentially be intercepted and used by persons other than the intended recipient.
ARTICLE 9: Individuals’ rights regarding the data gathered
You may exercise your rights at any time in terms of access to, updating, amending, objecting to, limiting the processing of, deleting or the portability of your personal data, as well as to withdraw your consent, by contacting our Customer Service on [to be completed] or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You may, at any time and at no charge (a) obtain confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you exist and communication of such data; (b) be informed of the source of Personal Data, the purposes and methods of the processing, the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means; (c) ask for updating, rectification or, where of interest, integration of the data; (d) request the cancellation, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, as well as object to the processing on legitimate grounds, (e) object, wholly or partly, to the processing of data concerning you for the purpose of direct marketing carried out through automated methods and/or traditional methods; (f) revoke the consent to the processing of the data at any time; this shall not compromise the legality of the processing in any way based on the consent given before its revocation.
These rights may be exercised directly in relation to CÉLINE via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proof of identity may be requested.
In addition, to request not to receive any longer communications relating to our offers, news and current events, you may use the hypertext link included for this purpose in each email we send you. You can also contact us by telephone on +39 02 3859 8000 (standard call charges apply) during the opening hours shown on the Website’s "Contact Us" page.
ARTICLE 10: Contact us